The current issue of X-Ray magazine has a nice article regarding becoming a good (or “pro”) technical diver. Written by Pascal Bernabe, an experienced technical instructor and record holder, it provides a guide for any budding technical diver.
Without going into too much details, as you can read the full article for yourself for free, his 10 tips were:
- Excellent trim
- Good physical condition
- Learn to plan your dives, however modest they are
- Learn to dive in a team
- Choose equipment that is simple, functional, reliable and versatile
- Automate your reactions
- There is never too much experience
- Choose appropriate gas mixes
- Enjoy diving, have fun and do not force yourself
- Try to gain new experience, become versatile.
I can agree with all 10 of his points, although not necessarily in that order of importance (I’m not sure if Pascal put these in any particular order).